Greetings! How was everyone’s New Year? I started mine off with a cold. lol I fell asleep on the couch by 10:30, and we made our way to bed by 11:30. We are party animals!!
BUT – we had our customary pork and sauerkraut for dinner yesterday, and so I’m certain it will be a prosperous new year. Our tradition comes from the Pennsylvania Dutch, what is your tradition? I remember when I lived in Georgia they ate black eyed peas and collard greens. (blech!)
Lets do a quick review of 2013, shall we?!
- Last year at this time the “Plank-a-Day” craze was quite the buzz. I discovered they are serious CHIZ! And wrote about it here.
- Monica Brant started following me on Twitter last year, and I felt all important for the day!
- The dry wall went up in our house last year in January. Finally we had walls!!
- Last year we took Kenzer on her very first snowmobiling trip in New York! We had such a blast, and she has definitely caught the snowmobiling bug!
- Last year I was able to share in Danielle’s first running experiences! It was so nice to see her during the Hershey 10K:
- and then again at her very first half marathon in Harrisburg!
- I was even more excited to share not one, but TWO 5k races with my beautiful daughter! She shaved 5 minutes off her 5k time between her first one in May, and her 2nd one on Thanksgiving day! GO KENZER!
- Our trip to Washington, DC was another highlight of last year! And of course my PR last year at the Cherry Blossom 10 mile run was a highlight of that trip!!!
- Of course—one HUGE event from last year—Alfie and I celebrated 6 years together, but we also FINALLY got officially engaged!
- You can read all about our history together and about the proposal here.
- Our trip to the Baltimore Aquarium was another nice family moment! (As I write this recap, I’m realizing that even though it feels like all we do is work and work on the house—we really did do a great job of balancing that with our family time!)
Loved this picture too much not to share again!
- We also celebrated ONE YEAR here at The Wellness Journey!! I’m looking forward to many more with you guys!!
So here are some of my goals for 2014:
- A New PR! – I know I said I was retiring from running for a while, but I can’t pass up running the Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run in April. I’m hoping to PR at that run again this year!!
- Share in Someone’s “Running First” – This is actually already in the works! A dear friend of mine has a son who is on his wellness journey as we speak! He’s already lost 100 pounds, and is looking to lose 100 more! I talked to him the other day, and asked if he’d like to run his first 5k with me by his side and he agreed! So we’ll be doing that in May!
- Get Married – Pretty self explanatory. The date has been set for May 18th! I am SO stinking excited to share it with you guys!!
- Move in to Our New Home – we are SO CLOSE to being done!! Alfie will be starting on the hardwood floors next week! And if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you see that we’ve been hard at work on alot of little finishing details.
- Make an Albright-let – I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried about infertility. I turn 35 in March, and although I take great care of myself, I wonder if we’ll have trouble conceiving. Time will tell! But we plan on trying immediately after the wedding!! I know Kenzer is going to be an AMAZING big sister!
So there you have it! A year in review and some of this year’s goals!!
What’s one of your goals for the year?!