So two weeks ago, I was nominated by Brittany for the Liebster Award, and since I’m such a bad “blend”, I’m only now getting around to fulfilling my duties! Not actually duties, but you know what I mean. So I thought I would incorporate it in to my #MIMM post, since I think it’s marvelous that she’d like to get to know more about me! And we all know how much I love survey type posts! Who DOESN’T like talking about themselves! I mean really!
So what the heck is this award?
“The Liebster Award is a way of helping to promote blogs that are up and coming, but that have a smaller readership than some of the heavier traffic blogs. It’s a way of meeting new bloggers and hopefully getting some new readers along the way, too”
How it Works:
After being nominated, each nominee must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions the blogger that nominated you has created for you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let all the bloggers know that they have been nominated.
- You may not nominate the blogger that nominated you
11 Random Facts about Me:
- My brutal honesty has cost me more than a few friendships, and I’m perfectly okay with it. I pretty much have no filter when it comes to expressing my opinions.
- I’m the oldest of three. I have two younger brothers who I unfortunately never get to see. And I always wished I had a sister.
- The one and only “wet dream” I ever had (that I remember) was about Eminem. <——- TMI?
- When the offer I put in on my house was accepted, I cried my eyes out because I was scared shitless about being a single mother and a homeowner. (Alfie and I were dating at the time, but I wasn’t certain if we were getting married.)
- I was raised by my father from the age of 3.
- I’m the only one in my family (on my father’s side) to have gone to college.
- Alfie says I “rage against the machine”—I have yet to see why this is a problem.
- I was bullied and was a bully in school, and I’m scared to death for Kenzer when she hits middle school next year.
- After living in Georgia for a year back in 2003, I couldn’t WAIT to get back to Central PA. I love it here.
- The first time Alfie asked me out on a date, I turned him down. And after we got off the phone I cried because I knew there was just something about him that was right. But I was afraid to mix work and personal life.
- I think it’s unfortunate that more women don’t attempt living on their own before marrying and moving in with someone.
- What inspired you to start a blog? – I was getting asked by several friends/acquaintances different things about diet and exercise. I thought starting a blog would be one place for everyone to go to where I could share my knowledge, what’s worked for me, what hasn’t, and any new discoveries I’ve made.
- Best advice for new bloggers – Don’t worry about page views/site visits. Just write. That alone is refreshing.
- Link up your favorite blogger-created recipe of the moment (can be yours) – I’ve been eating my pumpkin protein waffle every morning these days.
- Lift or cardio? LIFTING!!
- What’s your blogging pet peeve? When the blogger doesn’t engage with readers comments.
- Favorite exercise? I love working my shoulders! And squats!!
- Music or no music at the gym? If I could figure out a way for the headphones to not get in my way I’d listen to music. But the gym plays classic rock in the mornings, so I’m cool with that too.
- Do you work a “regular job” full time? If so, what is your profession? If not, how did you transition? I do have a 9-5er!! I work in the investment industry managing operations for a department of 17 people. I’m our program manager’s right had WOman!!
- Where is your favorite place to travel? We love going to upstate New York as well as little day trips to Baltimore. I want to go to Italy some day.
- Do you hold any health and/or fitness related certifications/degrees? Not yet, but once we’re moved in to the new house that’s on my bucket list.
- Favorite thing about Fall? The fashion of course! That and the crisp air and fall color. <3
I can’t say for certain whether any of these are new bloggers or big or small since I don’t really pay that much attention to “street cred” in the blog world, but these are 11 I follow regularly and am interested in learning more about.
- Michelle at 3 Cheap Runners
- Neon is My Color
- I Heart Running
- Danielle at It’s a Harleyy Life
- Never Been Skinny
- Giselle at My Healthy Happy Home
- She Rocks Fitness
- The Get Fit Diva
- Katie at Healthy Diva Life
- Oatmeal In My Bowl
11 Questions for Nominees
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! I love Brit’s questions so I’m going to go with those:
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- Best advice for new bloggers
- Link up your favorite blogger-created recipe of the moment (can be yours)
- Lift or cardio?
- What’s your blogging pet peeve?
- Favorite exercise?
- Music or no music at the gym?
- Do you work a “regular job” full time? If so, what is your profession? If not, how did you transition?
- Where is your favorite place to travel?
- Do you hold any health and/or fitness related certifications/degrees?
- Favorite thing about Fall?
Any bloggers I missed? Who would you like to learn more about?